Background Check Instructions
To find out if your background check has expired, check with your club registrar.
Below are the complete instructions to follow in order to complete the process. You will not be allowed to coach, obtain a pass, or be on the roster as of September 11, 2017 without completing and passing the background check and submitting your valid Sideline Sports Doc certificate number.
Instructions for the mandatory Online Training Program and US Club Background Screening:
Firstly, CLICK HERE to complete and pay via credit card ($5) the Training Program (Sideline Sports Doc). After 100% completion, you will be e-mailed a certificate and certificate number which will be in the lower right-hand corner, and which you will need when doing the background check screening application.
Secondly, CLICK HERE to complete and pay via credit card ($18) the background screening application.
- You will be asked to provide your certificate number from the Training Program in order to complete the background screening. The number must be provided in order to complete the application.
2. You must choose “WYSL – Westchester Youth Soccer League” as your “Club” (at bottom of the Club pulldown menu). DO NOT TYPE IN ANYTHING. DO NOT choose your actual club!! (If you do, you will not be credited.)
3. Watch your e-mails in case the background provider needs to contact you regarding any questions they might have.
4. You will receive a confirmation when the screening has been completed. No need to forward.
5. You need to do it this way and in this order.
6. Any questions, ask your club registrar. They can tell you if you have been marked “eligible” or not. This process can take up to ten days. You do not need to contact the League. This background check will be good for any affiliated US Club league/club for up to 2 years.